Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday

It's Friday! Aw (exhalation).. and a nice one too. Lori just called me; she is quite excited because she won an iPod from Pace. Something about a raffle of the names of the students that filled out professor evaluations or whatever- I am not sure. This is a good thing; I think she has felt left out of the rest of the iPod carrying crowd lately. I do enjoy mine, but we need to work out a way to use them in the car--it has no auxiliary audio input jack so we need one hard wired in--the wireless FM transmitter thing does not and has not ever cut it. Always staticky with poor sound quality and distracting too. Maybe I will call Best Buy and see if it is a big expensive job.
So, for the weekend... Lori is on her way to Commack where we will be spending the impending weekend. Its actually been quite a while since I've been. I am going to take the train out tonight which do enjoy. I wouldn't want to make a habit of it but its kind of fun on Friday afternoon to hop on the train and not have cars and traffic to deal with. Might go to see "Baby Mama" tonight. Seems pleasant and humorous although it probably won't be. Tomorrow night its dinner with Laura and Jimmy in Huntington Village at a newer Mexican joint that sounds good. Saturday, Prius is getting a 10000 mile work over. After that is through, the day is ours so to speak. Lori is getting the nails on all of her appendages done today so luckily I am spared the tedium of doing anything at all that involves hands for two hours after they are done. Beware of the mani/pedi cycle of addiction. Apparently it is a lifelong habit. I am, however, not one to judge on account of one's addictions.

No comments: