Tuesday, May 6, 2008

An observation

Noticeably absent from this blog are pictures of the second half of this duo. "Oh Mike, where are the pics of you?" our readers may inquire. I guess its always the photographer and never the subject ey? Well I will be sure to take care of that this week. So to all of you who are so anxiously awaiting a recent photo of the hero of this adventure, fear not... I shall quench thine appetites shortly.

Oh, and today my love of the great bard himself, William Shakespeare, was once again rekindled. Melissa and I are reading As You Like It with our seventh graders and believe it or not, they LOVE it. They are very into reading the parts out loud in front of the class and acting out scenes. It just confirms that Shakespeare truly is a writer for all time and consequence. How great it felt to share with a young generation the lines of the famous speech,
"All the worlds a stage and all the men and women merely players."(Act 2: Scene 7)
I knew there was some reason I started teaching in the first place...

No comments: